Tuition for the 2018 – 2019 school year is:
In-Parish: $1675 Out-of-Parish: $2975
3 yr-old Preschool: $925(M,W & F) $750(T & TH) $1400(M,T,W,Th & F)
4 yr-old Preschool (T, W, Th, & F) Free
Transitional Kindergarten (Tue – Fri) $1340
Extended care $3.00/hr. ($2.25/hr for additional siblings)
Student Tuition Organization (STO)
- A copy of the most recent IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax return. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, FACTS requires both tax returns for the same year. FACTS does not require State Tax Returns.
- Copies of all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statement for both the applicant and co-applicant. NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all the current W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents of any of the following: Business, Farm, Rental Property, S-Corporation, Partnership, or Estates & Trusts.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for Household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, or Workman’s Compensation.
To assist you in filling out the application FACTS will have a call center available at 1-866.441.4637. The call center is open Monday-Friday from 7:30am – 9:00pm. On-line Chat services are available Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. You are also welcome to call St. John School for assistance.
|Timeline Round 1|
|Jan. 1, 2019 Applications||Available only on-line at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid|
|April 15 Deadline||Completed online application AND all required tax documentation must be uploaded or faxed by this date|
|May 24 Awards||Anticipated award notification letters sent to all families who applied|
|June 7 Confirmation||Families receiving assistance send confirmation that they are accepting/declining award|
|Timeline Round 2|
|April 16, 2019 Applications||Available only on-line at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid|
|June 15 Deadline||Completed online application AND all required tax documentation must be uploaded or faxed by this date|
|August 6 Awards||Anticipated award notification letters sent to all families who applied|
|August 20 Confirmation||Families receiving assistance send confirmation that they are accepting/declining award|
Families are eligible for the Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future STO assistance if their taxable income for 2016 is at or below 300% of the poverty level. The poverty level is set by federal guidelines. The level of Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future STO assistance recommended by FACTS will be based upon family income, number of dependents, and the total K-12 tuition bill for the family.
*STO Qualifying Levels 2018-2019
|**Family Size||***Maximum Income||**Family Size||***Maximum Income|
* STO qualifying levels are based upon 300% of 2018 Federal Poverty Levels as required by Iowa law.
**Family size includes parents/guardians plus total number of dependents claimed on 2017 tax return. For families with more than seven persons, add $12,960 for each additional person.
*** Families are eligible for STO assistance if their taxable income is at or below the above listed income
levels. Local assistance may not be based upon the above. Falling within these guidelines does not necessarily guarantee tuition assistance.
All families who want to be considered for tuition assistance must fill out the FACTS application.
Local Tuition Assistance
Each year we have several alumni, parish members and generous patrons donate several thousands of dollars to the Local tuition assistance fund. This fund is in place to help families make St. John school affordable to attend, while still continuing to receive the best quality education possible.
We are very blessed offer this assistance to families that either do not qualify for STO or have suffered an unexpected financial crisis after the STO deadline. If you do receive this assistance the St. John school would ask that there are a few requirements be accomplished before receiving the assistance.
The St. John School board would ask that the following be done:
- Spend $100 in SCRIP per month, this is very easy to do please inquire in the office if you need assistance.
- Involve yourself in the school, volunteer, join a committee PTO, Spring Fling, School Improvement Advisory Committee, Concession stand, Sports gate or SCRIP.
- Write a thank you addressed to the Local Tuition Assistance, you can remain anonymous if wanted.
Apply for Local Tuition Assistance
Please download and complete the following application if you are interested in assistance.