In accordance with Iowa State Board of Education directive 280.12 SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE, the St. John School Board shall do the following:
- Appoint a school improvement advisory committee to make recommendations to the board or authorities. The advisory committee shall consist of members representing students, parents, teachers, administrators, and representatives from the local community, which may include representatives of business, industry, labor, community agencies, higher education, or other community constituents. To the extent possible, committee membership shall have balanced representation with regard to race, gender, national origin, and disability.
- Utilize the recommendations from the school improvement advisory committee to determine the following:
- Major educational needs.
- Student learning goals.
- Long-range and annual improvement goals that include, but are not limited to, the state indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science achievement.
- Desired levels of student performance.
- Progress toward meeting the goals set out in this list.
- Harassment or bullying prevention goals, programs, training, and other initiatives.
- Consider recommendations from the school improvement advisory committee to infuse Religious education into the regular educational program.
School Improvement Advisory Committee 2022-2023 Members:
- Heather Thompson
- Ann Kegler
- Michelle McBride
- Dana Johnson
- Emily Krempges
- Kynzley White(class of 2023)
- Maya Jensen (class of 2024)
The School Improvement Advisory Committee meets twice a year. Please click to retrieve the minutes of the meeting.