St. John School participates in the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program for Four-Year-Old Children, which means the program is tuition free. For more information please click HERE.
We follow the same curriculum (Creative Curriculum and Jolly Phonics) and the same assessments (GOLD, IGDIs and teacher-made assessments) as ICSD, Kidsville and Weecare. However, our program includes much more to promote a well-rounded learning experience such as:
- Our students attend specials such as PE with Mrs. Gee and Library with Mrs. Reck and Music with Ms. Liddle.
- We have a technology available such as a SMARTboard, Ipads, Osmo and a WePlaySmart table.
- We involve the community in the classroom with visitors like Fontana and SPARK but also people in the community such as local firefighters, police officers, doctors, dentist and many others
- We also offer hands-on experiences with experiments, animals visitors and creative lesson plans
- Students use a Daily Focus Board each day to reviews our letter, number, shape, color and sight words for the week.
- Our students make a variety of unique art projects for special occasions or related to our unit of study such as birdhouses, picture frames, vases and ties
- Our students write in journals, make a yearly scrapbook, an ABC book and a handprint calendar.
- We send home family involvement activities as well as monthly and weekly newsletters to keep families aware of what is going on in the classroom.
- We also offer extended care before and after school.
St. John offers a wonderful preschool experience for your child as well as the entire family. We welcome everyone and would be very excited to get to know you, your family and your 4 year old!
For any questions or enrollment information, please contact the St. John Elementary School office at (319) 334-7173
For more information about our 4 Year Old Preschool program please click on the handbook link below.